Thursday, August 16, 2007

'Nother Update. Just 'cuz.

Okay, this working full-time thing is kind of a drag. How do so many people DO it?

At least I'm done at the liquor store for now. I'm all caught up, which means I can head for home ("HEAD FOR THE HILL!" Heh. For some reason, I found that very funny just now...) at 4:30 instead of 9. Nice switch.

I was about to complain about how I still have to get up early to be at work, but that means only getting up around 6:30 or 7 - and I can already hear any teacher that reads this: "That's sleeping IN, man!" So I'll avoid complaining.

Actually, I was thinking about life in general today, and I realized that for all my complaints, I actually have a really damn good life. I have a comfy, safe, affordable apartment to live in. I have a job that pays enough for me to live - and honestly, there's a good deal of slow time at work where I just surf the web or play games or whatever. The work I do is of benefit to the people at the church. It can be challenging, but it's never impossible. I get to pursue my dream of flying, and it's oh-so-close. My whole future is ahead of me, and to be honest - it's lookin' good. :-)

So where am I in flying now? Well, I'm still waiting for that night cross-country, and we've got some maintenence issues. One plane just got back from inspection or overhaul or something, and they started out on a night trip, only to get some engine roughness (not a happy thing!), so they landed the plane in Sodus, NY and caught a ride home. That one's now back in for repairs. The other plane, as far as I know, is still unflyable at night because of burned-out lights. Boo. Oh, well... I'll get that flight in eventually. In the meantime, I should just try to get some practice in to keep my skills sharp.

Okay - rented another movie last night: 300. Woah. I'd stand by a review I saw that said, "It was the manliest movie ever made. It's like, 100% man," if not for all the... uh... woman-parts. Yeah. That's a safe way to put it. But anyway, BADass flick. I'ma prolly buy it. While I'm at it, I'll pick up Peaceful Warrior. How's that for a range of interest?

No comments: