Friday, August 3, 2007

Ayup...

Yep. Another slow day at work.

Well, my streak ended. I had a post a day going there for a while... but all good things must come to an end. Mainly, I had nothing to report yesterday, and we were actually kind of busy at work - at least in the morning. Kind of annoying, really. People were in and out, making all kinds of requests (some of which really seemed low-priority to me, but to them - oh, man, it's gotta get done NOW), and there were the usual, every-day tasks to do, too. I was getting extremely frustrated with things yesterday. But that brings up an interesting thought to me: I'm getting annoyed because of all these random tasks to do, but that is my job. I think maybe I've just gotten spoiled with the summer being so slow around here. I've gotten used to not having to do much, and now that I've got to actually do things, I get cranky.

I probably just need a good, solid vacation. But first, I'd like to get my private pilot certificate. Any suggestions on places I should go, once that's all done?

I've also been called in to work in the liquor store again. Yay, bottle shots (no, it's not a way to get drunk, it's referring to photography). Even cooler is the fact that now they've got me doing their collection of magnums. One-point-five liters of winey goodness, baby! And man, oh man, do they have a lot of the things. I know I probably sound like a wimp ('cuz I am), but those suckers get heavy when you're shoving one after another into a photo cabinet. Oh, well... I've been wanting to get more exercise!

Oh, the gig in Homer went well, despite my having left my sunglasses on the bandstand. I've found out one of the trumpet players was kind enough to take them with him, so I'll get them back at rehearsal, but still - that was not the best way to end my otherwise-amazing day. I knew something was going to have to happen. Karma, y'know - the whole day had been amazing, so something's gotta go wrong to balance it all out. I'm just thankful it was "lost sunglasses" and not "hit a deer on the way home" or anything. That would have REALLY put a damper on things.

Tonight - movie night at the airport, on the ramp! The flying club's setting up a screen and everything, so I think I'll head up there and check it out. Sounds like a reasonably fun way to spend a Friday night - after another night at the liquor store... whee!

No comments: